TERMS & CONDITIONS
for Pet Sitting Services
This document is an agreement between Charlotte City Pets (“Pet Sitter”) and Client to perform pet care services on an as-needed basis. The terms of this agreement shall apply to any and all dogs and cats owned by Client, including any and all new dogs and cats that Client may acquire on or after the date this document is executed. Client may schedule service at any time during the term of this agreement, subject to availability. All scheduled visits will be governed by all terms of this agreement.
1. Pet Sitter agrees to provide pet care services to Client in a reliable, trustworthy, and caring manner. In consideration of these services and as an express condition thereof, Client expressly waives and relinquishes any and all claims against Pet Sitter arising out of or relating to the provision of service hereunder, except those arising from gross negligence or willful misconduct on the part of Pet Sitter.
2. Both Client and Pet Sitter recognize that the welfare of the pet(s) is the highest priority. Client authorizes emergency veterinary care releasing Pet Sitter from any and all liabilities related to transportation, treatment, and medical expenses. Pet Sitter will make every effort to contact Client prior to obtaining emergency care. However if Client cannot be reached in a timely manner, Client authorizes Pet Sitter to approve medical and/or emergency treatment (excluding euthanasia) as recommended by a veterinarian. Should the Client’s specified veterinarian be unavailable, Client authorizes Pet Sitter to seek treatment at the nearest animal hospital or emergency clinic.
3. Client is responsible for making sure all pets are current on all vaccinations required and recommended by the City of Charlotte and State of North Carolina. In the event Pet Sitter or Client’s pet or third-party pet or person is bitten or injured by Client’s pet(s), Client agrees to pay all medical expenses, costs, and lost wages incurred by Pet Sitter or third party due to such injury. Client agrees to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend Pet Sitter in the event of a claim by any person injured by Client’s pet(s).
4. Pet Sitter is not responsible nor will be held liable for any veterinary expenses incurred by Client pet(s) during or after Pet Sitter’s scheduled service period. Client assumes all risk of illness or injury to Client’s pet(s) during or after overnight stays, dog walks, and/or pet sitting care of Client’s pet(s) by Pet Sitter.
5. Should Pet Sitter sustain any injury, disease or other harm in the course of providing services hereunder, Client agrees to indemnify Pet Sitter and hold harmless with respect to all loss, expense, and damage caused thereby, except those arising from gross negligence or willful misconduct on the part of Pet Sitter.
6. Pet Sitter is not responsible for any damage to property owned by Client or third-parties unless such damage is caused by negligence or willful misconduct on the part of Pet Sitter. This includes, but is not limited to, water leaks or faulty electrical systems.
7. It is expressly understood and agreed that Pet Sitter shall not be held responsible for any damage to furniture or floor coverings or other damage to property of Client or third parties caused by Client’s pet(s) during the scheduled service period. It is the sole responsibility of Client to make sure home and yard are pet proof.
8. Pet Sitter will not be liable for escape, injury, disappearance, death or fines of pet(s) with access to a fenced in yard. This includes electronic, wood, metal or any other fence type. Client expressly waives and relinquishes all claims against Pet Sitter except those arising from negligence or willful misconduct on the part of Pet Sitter.
9. Client’s dog(s) must be on a leash at ALL times during outdoor walks with Pet Sitter.
10. Pet Sitter will not be held responsible for any damages, loss, or injury incurred to Client’s property or pet(s) or to third parties and their property if Client permits any other person including neighbors, friends, and family members, access to Client’s home or yard during the scheduled service period. If Client does allow access to someone other than Pet Sitter, Client must notify Pet Sitter in advance.
11. Pet Sitter will not be liable for any loss or damage in the event Client’s home is burglarized. Client specifically agrees that he or she will secure the home prior to leaving and will provide Pet Sitter with instructions on how to properly secure the home.
12. Client authorizes Pet Sitter to engage the services of a locksmith in the event of malfunction of the lock, keys, or automatic door opener. Client agrees to reimburse Pet Sitter for all costs incurred and to hold Pet Sitter harmless for consequences related to the activities of the locksmith.
13. In the event of personal emergency or illness of pet sitter, Client authorizes Pet Sitter to arrange for another qualified person to fulfill agreed upon responsibilities as set forth in this agreement. Every effort will be made to notify Client in such case.
14. In the event of extreme weather or natural disaster, Client authorizes Pet Sitter to use best judgment in caring for Client’s pet(s) and home. Client will hold Pet Sitter harmless for any damage to Client’s home or injury to Client’s pet(s) related to such decisions.
15. Client agrees to provide Pet Sitter with contact information where Client can be reached while away. Client may also provide a name and phone number of someone who is authorized to handle any major problems that may arise. If Client or designated contact person cannot be reached in a timely manner, Client agrees to accept any decision Pet Sitter makes in regard to pet care or Client’s property.
16. Client understands additional fees may be charged for very large or difficult-to-handle pets, for administering medication to temperamental pets, for watering large numbers of house plants, or for other requested services that are time consuming.
17. Client agrees a late booking fee will be charged for all visits scheduled less than twenty-four (24) hours in advance. Client further agrees to pay full visit fees if scheduled access is denied due to circumstances beyond the control of Pet Sitter or Client fails to notify Pet Sitter service will not be required.
18. Client understands midday Dog Walking and Potty Break service will continue from week to week unless and until Client or Pet Sitter terminates service. In the event it is necessary to cancel a scheduled midday walk, Client agrees to notify Pet Sitter by 8:00 a.m. of the day of the scheduled walk or pay the visit fee. If it is necessary to suspend Dog Walking or Potty Break service for more than 90 days, Client agrees to an additional paid consultation for service to be resumed.
19. Client understands and agrees there are no refunds, partial or otherwise, on scheduled service if Client returns home early. Time is specifically reserved for Client’s pet(s) and cannot be resold.
20. By entering into this agreement Client accepts the provision of services by Pet Sitter during any service period scheduled by Client and accepted by Pet Sitter. Upon such scheduling and acceptance, Pet Sitter will be authorized to enter Client premises and perform services without additional signed contracts or written authorization and to accept all online, email and telephone reservations for future visits.
Have questions? Ask Maureen anything at (980) 337-0607.